If you are one of those people who is not willing to undergo those dental drills and undertake procedures such as root canal therapy, biomimetic dentistry is just the one for you. This improved way of treatment can not only enhance your tooth structure and reduces the removal of healthy tooth. The procedure will also protect your tooth from any form of bacterial infection or decay.
What is Biomimetic Dentistry?
There is so much talk about biomimetic dentistry but what is it exactly? Read on to find out more.
- Biomimetic Dentistry involves conservative dentistry
Biomimetic dentistry is conservative in nature but you need to understand the real meaning of this sentence. What usually happens in other forms of dental treatment is that, when any cavity is removed, the tooth is not left is a healthy condition. But in case of biomimetic dentistry, only the damaged portion of the tooth is removed and not the healthy part. The healthy part is kept intact. No healthy structures will be removed from your mouth just for the sake of putting any crown or any other item. The final restoration of the teeth is strong and conservative.
- Biomimetic Dentistry is an advanced form of adhesive dentistry
Since biomimetic dentistry involves adhesive dentistry at an advanced level, hence it prevents any gaps or shrinkage to lead to untimely failures. This is what sets biomimetic dentistry apart from all other types of traditional dentistry.
What are the Benefits of Biomimetic Dentistry?
The various benefits of undertaking biomimetic dentistry instead of the traditional forms of dentistry are as follows:
- The concept of biomimetic dentistry has the ability to conserve a far greater number of dental pulps than the usual traditional forms of dentistry.
- Any cracks in the teeth structure can be effectively eliminated or repaired.
- Maximum portion of healthy tooth structure can be preserved in case of biomimetic dentistry which is usually not possible in case of traditional dentistry.
- Pathogens present in the tooth structure are completely removed with the help of biomimetic dentistry. Thus, the tooth is freed from all previous infections.
The tooth structure is highly strengthened when this type of dentistry is practiced.
- With biomimetic dentistry, you can avoid going for the restorative tooth measures such as crowns and fillings. These are no doubt for the goodwill of your tooth but eventually they cause a lot of harm. Many cases have been recorded in which the dental crowns have adversely affected the tooth that is present just beside the tooth being treated. So, as you can realize, treatment of one tooth leads to the decay of the adjacent one and this keeps continuing as a cycle leading to your loss of money and good health. Biomimetic dentistry has the capability to disrupt this destructive cycle. With it, you can simple seal the area that is affected.
So, if you don’t want any complications that come hand in hand with the traditional form of dentistry, go for biomimetic dentistry and see the difference for yourself.