What is Laser Dentistry or Dental Laser Teatment?
Raga Dental Center is known for introducing the latest and innovative technologies and that is what attracts patients from far and wide. And Dr. Baskaran is efficient is performing the laser dental procedures and has been performing it since the year 2009. Our clinic has a Water Lase - MD Turbo. With this efficient device, both hard tissue and soft tissue dentistry can be performed. And the best part about all this is that you will not have to undergo anesthesia in many cases.
Hard Tissue Laser Dentistry
The applications of hard tissue laser dentistry are listed below:
- Cavity preparation or altering a tooth when it has become completely affected by cavities to restore it back to its original anatomical form.
- This type of laser dentistry is used to prevent pulpal pathosis and pulpal exposure by performing caries removal.
- Enameloplasty can also be done.
- Etching or surface roughening of hard tissue is also done by hard tissue laser dentistry.
Soft Tissue Laser Dentistry
The applications of soft tissue laser dentistry are listed below:
- Biopsies are efficiently done with the help of soft tissue laser dentistry. A small portion of tissue is removed which again is taken to the laboratory to examine whether it shows any signs of cancer.
- They are also used to give the patients relief from canker sores by removing lesions from the mouth.
- Soft tissue laser dentistry are widely used in flap preparation techniques. A soft tissue in made to undergo incision and it is used to make a flap which, in turn, will help to expose the bone or unerupted teeth.
- Gingivectomy and gingivoplasty, both are done with the help of soft tissue laser dentistry.
- Implant recovery and hemostasis are also done.
- Operculectomy, pulpotomy, root canal debridement and pulp extirpation are all done with the help of soft tissue laser dentistry.
What are the Benefits of Laser Dentistry?
The several benefits of going for laser dentistry rather than traditional dentistry are as follows:
- The first and foremost advantage is that these procedures cause much less pain and thus dentists may advise you that you can undergo the procedure without anesthesia.
- If you are one of those who is scared with or uncomfortable with the dental drill, then laser dentistry is just for you.
- The procedure of laser dentistry ensures that your tooth is left in a very healthy condition even after removal of cavity.
- This is the best suited procedure for kids because no drill is needed and they won’t get scared or restless.
- This procedure ensures that your tooth is thoroughly disinfected before any filling is placed.
- The bond strength is highly increased in case of fillings.
- All the soft tissue treatments are done with extreme efficiency and there is no incidence of bleeding.
So, if you have any dental problem that needs treatment, come to Raga Dental Center and experience laser dentistry at its best.